My studies in Translation and Linguistics introduced me to the field of NLP (particularly machine translation and text/speech analysis) and statistical analysis for research experiments. I was immediately captivated by the their applications and the power of coding, so I dived deeper into Data Science and Machine Learning with Python.
Besides my studies, I’ve extended my passion for data science into the business world, by working as a Data Analyst in online-marketing at startups. I enjoyed finding creative ways to automate boring tasks and applying NLP methods to get insights into our customers’ behavior. The new challenges, responsibilities, and rewards I’ve experienced in these roles made it clear to me that I wanted to build a career as a Data/NLP Engineer and solve real-world problems with code.
After two years of working in Marketing Analytics and studying Linguistics/NLP on the side – COVID-19 happened, and I lost my job… Obviously, this was not the next step I had planned for my career, but I decided to reframe this experience and use this time as an opportunity for personal and professional growth. So I enrolled in a three-month full-time Data Science bootcamp, where I greatly improved my Python programming skills, worked on different Data Engineering and Machine/Deep Learning projects, and built an awesome network of data enthusiasts from all around the world!
I believe in the power of connecting with people and helping each other to grow. That’s why I share my journey into data science and connect with data enthusiasts around the world on my Instagram account datalingo.
I also volunteer as Marketing Coordinator for Women in Data – Berlin Chapter, to advocate for diversity in the tech industry and to empower girls/ women in data-related professions.
- Data Analysis: Python (pandas, numpy), R (tidyverse), Julia, SPSS
- Data Visualization: Python (matplotlib, seaborn), R (ggplot), Tableau, DataStudio
- NLP: Python (NLTK, TextBlob, SpaCy, BeautifulSoup), R (rvest)
- Machine Learning: scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, BigQuery
- DevOps: GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
Data Analysis & Visualization
- Python for finance: Investment fundamentals and data analytics
- Time Series Analysis in Python
- Applied statistical modeling for data analysis in R
- Data visualization with Python and Matplotlib
Natural Language Processing
- Natural language processing with deep learning in Python
- Building Chatbots in Python
- Spoken language processing in Python
- Machine translation in Python
- Natural language processing
You can find some of my projects on GitHub.